Instinctive Choice Premium Canned Holistic Food for Cats
The Evolution of the
Cats are unique in so many ways. It all started millions of years ago during
their development. All cats, big and small, have common characteristics. Most
cats purr, they don’t particularly like water and they love to run after their
prey. All cats, big and small, are meat eaters. They are classified as obligate
or true carnivores, which means their diet must consist of almost all meat to
satisfy their specific and unique nutritional requirements. Their ancestors
were desert animals, so they got most of their moisture or water from their
prey. As a result, most modern cats lack the desire to drink water.
In Truth, Our Sweet House Cats are More Like Little Lions
That’s why Dr. Jane Bicks formulated Instinctive Choice. Instinctive Choice
Premium Canned Food is formulated to provide your cat with a meal that is similar
in nutrition and moisture to how a feline would feed in the wild. Modern science
has proven that "nature knows best" when it comes to what your cat needs to thrive.
Why should you choose Instinctive Choice for your cat?
Premium Canned Food is specially formulated to feed along with Life's Abundance
Premium Dry Food, so your cat can get the benefits of both canned and dry foods.
It’s not only what is in Instinctive Choice that makes it the ultimate canned cat
food, it is what’s not in
What is not in Instinctive Choice
- Instinctive Choice does not contain fruits (such as cranberries or apples), vegetables
(such as sweets potatoes or carrots) or grains (such as wheat, barley, corn or oats).
Cats are metabolically adapted to use protein and fat as energy sources and they
have little need for carbohydrates.
The question is "why do most manufacturers use carbohydrates; such as, fruits, vegetables
and grains in their canned cat food?" We understand the use of carbohydrates in
dry foods because they are necessary to form the kibble or nuggets. However, we
do not understand the use of carbohydrates in canned foods. Other companies may
use them because they are generally less expensive than meat and they sound better
to consumers. At Life's Abundance, we think it is more important to focus on what a feline
really needs for good health rather than on cost or the desire to feed our felines
What is in Instinctive Choice and why is it better?
- Instinctive Choice does NOT contain corn or corn gluten, wheat or wheat gluten,
artificial colors or artificial preservatives.
- Instinctive Choice premium canned cat food is nutrient dense; therefore, you can
feed less of Instinctive Choice than many other brands of canned cat food.
- Instinctive Choice contains high-quality proteins from meat and fish. The organic
chicken, turkey, chicken liver and shrimp are carefully selected to provide your
cat with a variety of protein sources, the best high-quality proteins we could
find. This ensures that your cat will get a full array of necessary protein components
that true carnivores need to live a healthy life.
- The chicken liver in Instinctive Choice not only provides a rich protein source,
it is also a warehouse of nutrition because it contains Vitamins A, E, C, folic
acid, B vitamins, iron and copper just to mention a few. Some say it is the healthiest
food in the world.
- Instinctive Choice contains nutrient-rich water. This is important because modern
house cats are descendents of desert animals that obtained moisture from their prey
and so they do not like to drink water from a bowl. The nutritional components found
in meats and chicken broth allow your cat to obtain moisture closer to the way a
cat in the wild would get it.
- Every cat owner knows that cats crave grass. That's instinct at its best! When cats
in the wild consumed their prey, the intestinal tract contained grass. Instinctive
Choice contains dog grass extract.
- Instinctive Choice contains a guaranteed amount of added omega-3 fatty acids from
fish oil and omega-6 fatty acids in a ratio that is beneficial for overall health.
- Instinctive Choice contains added chelated minerals, which are closer to those found
in nature so they are absorbed better.
- Instinctive Choice contains a guaranteed amount of added vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant
important to good health.
- Instinctive Choice contains added Inulin, which supports a healthy intestine, a
healthy immune system and increased nutrient absorption.
- Instinctive Choice contains a superior blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
to help contribute to a healthy daily diet.
Choice has a savory taste that your kitten or cat will love. The organic
turkey, succulent shrimp and chicken liver are cooked in a delicious
seasoned with a little bit of rosemary.
24 3oz. Cans
Retail Price : $25.74
*Autoship Price: $22.44